Good evening folks,
As promised in our last update, the Board did convene this evening to discuss Hurricane Ian and the effect it may have on our reunion events this coming weekend.
Based on the latest predictions that have come out from The Weather Channel, NOAA, and whatever super weather spy agency that McGinn is tapped into, we have decided to remain on-course: the reunion will commence at 1400 on Thursday.
If you are having second thoughts on making the trip, you could come early and beat the bad weather on I-95. Several of the crew will be arriving on Wednesday afternoon so come join us early.
Therefore, the party is on. If we need to alter the weekend’s schedule a little(museum tour is iffy), a notice will be posted on the website and sent out on our Facebook page as well, so stay in-touch. We have spoken to the hotel, and they are excited to have us. No one wants this reunion to be cancelled.
Therefore, the Captains Night Orders are, “See you in Jax”.
In case you have been disconnected from the real world, we are about to have us a major hurricane steaming across the Gulf of Mexico. Ian is on a path towards the west side of Florida. Some of the models have this storm arcing to the east and passing over Jacksonville sometime around Thursday-Friday. Other models have it slamming into the panhandle. It really is too early to tell where this beast is headed. On the good side, we are receiving some serious intel from our own Senior Chief McGinn.
So, for right now, the party is on. The Board will be convening Monday evening to review the latest forecast. At that point, we will decide to either cancel, delay the start, or to continue monitoring. No one wants this reunion to be cancelled.
Therefore, the Captains Night Orders are, for all crew members to monitor the JKPVA website and decide what is best for you. This message will be updated tomorrow evening by 2100 hours.